Saturday 19 March 2011

Inspiration Challenge Card

This is the first card I've uploaded on my blog, it's for today's Inspiration Challenge at Splitcoaststampers, which today took us to Kirklands.com.  I chose to be inspired by a wall hanging with a red layered flower and a pierced butterfly found here:


I used a thin paintbrush handle to gently curl the flower petals up to give dimention to the flower.  The sentiment was cut out with a Spellbinders Petite Oval die and sponged while still in the die to give a stencil effect. 
Supplies used incude:
My Minds Eye dp, SU Real Red, Baja Breeze card stock
SU Baja Breeze seam binding
My Favorite Things Die-namic flowers and leaves
Die-namic large scallops
Spellbinders Nestabilties Petite Ovals


3 comments:

Cottage Crafter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cottage Crafter said...

Ok finally got it. I am happy to be your first follower!!!! I invited Marta.

LeAnne said...

Love this---this is one of my favorite layouts and I love the gingham!