Saturday 3 December 2011

Flourished Poinsetta

I made this card for the inspiration challenge over at Splitcoaststampers and it's based on this holiday ornament with a golden background and poinsetta's.  I covered the card base with dp and sponged the edges for a vintage look.  It has a bit of teal green in the swirls so I used a shimmery teal green cardstock for the flourishes, leaves, and the embossed strip.  The lace was perfect for weaving some thin stitched ribbon through and I added some matching string for the bow.  The pearls are colored with a copic.
Spellbinders Shapeablilites Layered Poinsetta works so beautifully for a really dimensional flower!
I used a sentiment from Sweet and Sassy Stamps Christmas Light, it's done in a fabulous font.
Supplies include:
Spellbinders Shapeabilities Layered Poinsetta
Marianne Creatables flourishes dies,
Sizzix plaid embossing folder
Copic
Pearls
Stitched ribbon
Lace
String
Ranger Distress Frayed Burlap ink
SU Real Red, Baroque Burgundy ink

2 comments:

Cathymac said...

Beautiful, Bridget! I really need to start using that poinsettia die more often if this is the result!

Marlou McAlees said...

this is so beautiful, my mum's favourite flower :)