Saturday 10 December 2011

Pearl Poinsettas

Today's Inspiration Challenge at Splitcoaststampers takes us to the website of Ten Thousand Villages.  I chose a lotus candleholder because the red petals reminded me of poinsettas.  They're cut using Spellbinders Shapeabilities Layered Poinsetta dies and arranged on a flourish using Cheery Lynn Designs Fanciful Flourish die - this has to be one of the most useful dies I own!  I find myself reaching for it time and time again.
All edges are distressed with Ranger Distress ink and I added just twine and pearls to finish.  It was a quick, easy holiday card for today because we went with friends to Belfast's city center to visit the Continental Christmas market.  It was a fun morning with all kinds of fun craft and food stalls from around the world!
Supplies include:
Waltzingmouse Say It With Style (sentiment)
Ranger Distress Antique Linen ink
Cosmo Cricket dp
SU Cherry Cobbler cardstock
SU Cherry Cobbler ink
Jute twine
Pearls
Spellbinders Shapeabilities Layered Poinsetta die

1 comment:

Marlou McAlees said...

hi Bridget, love your beautiful card, im tempted to buy that flourish ... LOL :) can i ask what glue would you use for this die? would the quickie pen work, its just didn't want the glue seeping out, hope you dont mind me asking :)