Thursday 12 January 2012

Lace Covered Wedding

Last year I made wedding invitations for our neighbors daughter and each one was completely covered in lace - I glued a liner inside to cover up the edges - needless to say, it was a big job, but she was delighted with them!  For this I used one of the card bases that I had leftover.  I cut out an embossed heart free hand - but if you find that tricky you can always google a heart in images (or any object for that matter, I've done a guitar, boat, and various other things) and use the outline as a template.  The ribbon here was on a Christmas present and I used a vintage button, which was in a jar of them which  I bought at St. Georges Saturday morning market in Belfast city center (or "centre" for my U.K. readers!)
I entered this in Splitcoaststampers Ways to Use It challenge because it was about using stickers - I stuck the sentiment sticker onto cardstock so that it could be popped up.
Supplies include:
Lace
Papermill Shop cream linen cardstock
Vintage button
Ribbon,
Sizzix plaid embossing folder
Making Memories Definitions sticker

5 comments:

Lisa A. said...

Oh my goodness, Bridget, what a stunning invitation!! So glad I got to see what you created...the embossed and embellished heart with that beautiful lace...WOW...GORGEOUS!! Knowing what it took and how many you had to make...you are AMAZING!!!!!!

Bonnie said...

This is so elegant! What a beautiful card Bridget!

Wanda Cullen said...

Gorgeous...elegant...and I think I'm drooling over my keyboard - lol! You are such the creative stamper!

Deborah Saaranen said...

Gorgeous! What beautiful texture and design! You're so very talented Bridget!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Bridget, this is absolutely gorgeous! I love the wonderful texture and beautiful lace and heart! What a cherished invitation!