Sunday 20 May 2012

Morning Glory Sympathy


Today's Featured Stamper at Splitcoaststampers is Candance Pierce, aka candylou.  
I love Candance's style and chose this clean card with lots of white space to CASE: Happy Birthday.
I love the embossed background and the pink and white color combo she chose.
I changed the theme from birthday to a sympathy card - it's a sad fact of life that we always need to have sympathy cards on hand, and the all white background suits the clean style I prefer for sympathy cards.
This flower image is Morning Glory from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps and I love how easy it 
is to color - the leaves on the image are every bit as beautiful as the flowers.
The sentiment is from the SNSS set Elegant Blessings.  A simple sympathy sentiment in an elegant font is absolutely invaluable as far as I'm concerned!
I changed the card to a square and offset the image to the left.  Instead of using liquid pearls I used half pearls.
Supplies include:
Paper Mill Shop white linen cardstock
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Ribbon
Pearls
Copics
Sewing machine

4 comments:

Candace said...

Hi Bridget!! Your card is BEAUTIFUL! I just love the all white card. I need to do it again! Your image is colored so beautifully! I agree about the sympathy cards. I had to make one the other day, and it's something I should just do and have on hand because I am never happy about making them. Thanks again for choosing me as the Featured Stamper. It just means SO much to me! It's been such an awesome day looking at everyone's cards and reading all their kind words! Thank you!!! HUGS!!

Wanda Cullen said...

Wow, Bridget, this is absolutely stunning! The white on white is so classy!

Jodi Collins said...

This is SO exquisite! LOVE all the white and the texture!!!

KimCreate said...

This card is so stunningly beautiful!