Sunday 21 October 2012

A Merry Christmas Candle



Here's a card using one of my favorite Sweet 'n Sassy Christmas sets, Christmas Light.  
Actually, it's one of my favorite Christmas sets ever!
Maybe it's because candles, especially scented ones which give the whole house a gorgeous aroma of berries, spices, and evergreen, give us so much joy over the holiday season during the dark winter nights!
I love coloring the candle image and this time I used Crystal Glaze on the candle and the berries, though it's impossible to tell in my photo!  It does add dimension and shine, even giving the little berries a round shape!  
I always choose my dp's first, then lay my stamped image right near them so that I can match up my coloring,  keeping my copic color chart near by too, so it's easier to get close to the same hues and shades.  
I sponged the edges of the dp a little with distress ink before stitching them.  The square has been sponged while still in the Nestie with several distress inks.
Supplies include:
Spellbinders Nestabilities Sqaures Large
Cosmo Cricket dp
October Afternoon dp
Ranger Distress Antique Linen, Scattered Straw, Frayed Burlap dp
Stampin Up Soft Suede ink
Memento Tuxedo Black in
Paper Mill Shop Cream Linen card stock
Sewing machine
Copics
Buttons
Ribbon

3 comments:

stampingbowd said...

Gorgeous! I love your mix of papers and the buttons!!! So pretty!!!

JD/ Jill said...

lovely Christmas card. Great colors!

seamom said...

I like this card A LOT! My Christmas cards are many... and not yet started. Thanks for the idea.