Tuesday 9 October 2012

Leafy Lattice

Hello!  If you've arrived here looking for my card as Guest Designer at Our Daily Bread Designs for October, please scroll down to the next post!



I've got the fun privilege of being a guest designer this week for the CASology Challenge - the cue card this week is LEAF.   
Though I love to make cards with combo's of dp, I get huge satisfaction from making cards with lots of clean, white space and then pops of bright color - embossing is a good way to add interest without losing that clean space. I used a lattice effect embossing folder for a background, then added a little row of popped up leaves in autumn colors. I left a strip along the bottom smooth for the sentiment which is stamped in SU's Real Red.  
I hope you have lots of fun designing a clean and simple card with the LEAF challenge!
Supplies include:
Joy Craft leaf dies 
(mistakenly listed these as Marianne Design dies originally, so sorry if I caused confusion!)
MFT More Essential Sentiments
Creative Expressions Lattice Folder
SU Real Red ink
SU card stock

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is lovely, Bridget. The colours are fabulous.

Benzi said...

Fall leaves are awesome and so is your card, Bridget...in every way. Congrats on being GDT this week.

shirley-bee said...

Lovely card - I like that lattice embossing.

Kim S said...

Congrats on guest designer! It's a great challenge and you have created the perfect card!

Karen M said...

Wow! Bridget, this is sooo gorgeous! The cute little leaves are just perfect. I'll have to get these dies LOL!

Rosemary said...

beautiful card, bridget!! so glad to have you guest designing with CASology this week!

Jen W. said...

This is gorgeous, Bridget! Those little leaves are fabulous and pop off of that lattice background perfectly. So glad to have you as our Guest Designer this week!

Marianne Design said...

Hi Bridget,
Could you contact me about the Leaves dies you've mentioned? You say they are Marianne Design dies, but these are not our designs, but I'm curious of which other brand they could be?

Please contact! winnie@marianndesign.nl

Thank you so much, Best regards,

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a lovely CAS card Bridget. The fall leaves look gorgeous on the white background.

Darnell said...

You are doing an awesome job as guest designer, Bridget! Your colored leaves with the lattice background is spectacular!!

Wanda Cullen said...

LOVE this CAS fall card! The colorful leaves really pop against the white!

Arielle H Gordon said...

This is really a beautiful card Bridget! Love those colors!

Andrea W said...

Fantastic card! I love the leaf dies and the beautiful lattice embossing.

Karen M said...

Hi Bridget, I'm so glad I stumbled upon your blog! I've just read your profile and see that you are married to someone from Northern Ireland, where I live! I also see that you love cards with Bible verses. Me too! Thanks for clearing up the mystery about the leaf dies! I have searched everywhere for them under Marianne and couldn't find them. Your card is totally adorable...I love it and now I need to get those little dies too! God bless Kx

Melissa said...

Bridget, this is such a cheerful autumn card! I just LOVE those little leaves with all their detail and that lattice is just perfect! It's so great to have you as our guest designer this week! :)

Jean said...

LOVE your card ~ the lattice folder is just a perfect backdrop for the beautiful fall leaves!

Ardyth said...

Gorgeous! Love your bright bold die cut leaves on all that white!