Wednesday 3 September 2014

Summer's Last Hurrah with Serendipity!


I was absolutely delighted to be asked to design with the talented 
Serendipity Stamps team this month -
I kept seeing gorgeous creations made with beautiful stamps floating
 through the Splitcoaststampers galleries and when I clicked on them
 to find out the details, "Serendipity Stamps" kept appearing!


Each month there's a fun challenge posted on the 
Serendipity Stamps Challenge Blog
and this month the theme is "Summer's Last Hurrah!"  I hope you'll pop
over there to check out the creations on this theme
by the talented design team and join the fun!



Here in Northern Ireland most of us still hang out our laundry to dry
whenever the weather allows in the summer and one of the most common
phrases you hear when you're out and about is - "Oh no, there's the rain,
and I just hung out my wash!" I suspect we won't have very
many more days of nice weather to hang out laundry this summer!

The additional challenge for the design team is "paper piecing".  
I'd already chosen to work with these adorable wee dresses  hanging on a line
 from the set Three Dresses, and they were so much fun for paper piecing!
I popped up the bottom of each dress for a little dimension. 
The Hello Die  is perfect for a greeting to go along with the
 "Just dropping you a line" sentiment - I attached it with a little wooden clothes pin.
 And I have to tell you, not only is this one of the most useful dies ever, 
but it cuts beautifully! Tiny little buttons on a lacy strip were added to finish.
The designer paper is from Basic Gray Fresh Cut.

Just to let you know - there is a fab 20% off of the Words and Verse
stamps at Serendipity right through to September 10th!
There are loads of fabulous sentiments including
some for backgrounds in beautiful fonts and styles!
Thanks again to Mary and the Design Team at Serendipity Stamps for letting
me join them this month and thank YOU for stopping by!

8 comments:

Karen Amidon said...

Welcome Bridget! Very sweet and your paper piecing is beautiful!

Lisa Lara said...

So cute B. Wow. Love love love it.

Mary Dew Lee said...

Wonderful Bridget! Thanks so much for joining us and for using one of my very favorite stamps (I have 3 daughters so this one is dear to me). Love how you used the clothes pin to hold the die!

JD/ Jill said...

So cute Bridget! Great paper piecing! And great colors (as always! This is another one of my favorite serendipity images...(My wish list keeps getting longer and longer. smile.
I still hang out some of my laundry...in fact, I just did yesterday!

Jeanne J. said...

OH Bridget! This is a beautiful bright summer day! I love love love the colors and those sweet dresses hanging on the line! Your trims and that bitty clip ( I know.. pin ) on the Hello is wonderful!

Vickie Z said...

Bridget- wonderful card! Love the sky behind the dresses and how you popped up the bottom for a little breeze while they're hanging on the line! My mom always hung wash on the line when I was growing up...as she got older she went with different fabric blends :)

Marybeth said...

Bridget this is a darling card! So happy to have you join us this month! I think this was the perfect stamp to paper piece ... it was one of my first stamps from Serendipity Stamps and I did the same thing. Beautiful work!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is so sweet, Bridget! The colors and papers are so pretty and I love the cloudy sky behind the dresses. The tiny little buttons are adorable. So glad to have you with us this month!